Sunday, August 22, 2010

Things I Learned This Summer Pt. 2

A couple days ago I wrote some things I learned this summer. Now that I have nothing going on being that all appointment are done (if you want to know what I'm talking about go here) Now I shall continue with what I learned this summer!

Indie Music is Awesome!
While I am not exactly an expert about indie music (at least not as much as punk) I have been listening to a lot of it lately. This all started when my cousin introduced me to the Arctic Monkeys. They're songs are just catchy and I love Alex Turner's voice (I have a thing for British accents) They led to The Strokes who I adore very much. After listening to The Arctic Monkeys and The Strokes for about two months straight I have figured out that Indie music is amazing. I would like to get into some more bands. If anyone has any recommendations please tell me! 

Les Films francais sont impressionnantes!
If you read the above a thought, "what the heck does that mean?" then I shall tell you. In English is means "French movies are awesome!" This summer I got really into French movies. I think this love started with the movie Amélie. This movie stared Audrey Tautou, who is better know in America for her role in The Da Vinci Code. She is really a great actress. I've watched a lot of her movies this summer and she is part of the reason why I'm so into French movies now. Some really good movie to see with her in it are: Happenstance, Priceless and He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not. As I watched these films I wished that I would have took French instead of Spanish.

Don't Trust A Male Fairy With Horns
Out of all the lessons on this list, I think this one is the most important. A couple months ago I went to the Medieval Faire with my best friend. I had a lot of fun. I got my cards read, shot a bow and arrow at a stuffed animal and checked out all the Medieval lads. You really would be surprised at how hot a lot of them are. However, there was one strange occurrence that I will never forget. My friend and I where looking at a booth. They where selling fairy wings, horns, and other trinkets that children would love. So I was standing there looking at the horns when my friend pointed to a vial of sparkles. She looked at the girl behind the table (she was wearing blue wings) and asked, "What is this?" That's when all of the sudden I felt someone messing with my hair. I jumped and turned around. There stood a guy with brown fairy wings, horns, and long blond hair. He was hold a pair of horns in his hands.
He asked me to hold up my hair. The girl behind the counter smiled and said, "Don't worry you don't have to buy it. He's the best a putting them on." So I let him go about his business. Annoyed, my friend asked again what the stuff in the vial was for. The guy smiled and said, "I'll show you." He asked me to remove my sunglasses and close my eyes. The next thing I knew I felt glitter getting put on my face and chest. So there I stood, horns on my head and glitter all over me. I asked my friend how I looked and she said, "You don't look right, your too simple to wear horns." The male fairy looked at her and said coldly, "Don't call you friend simple." I then looked at myself and asked, "So do I look evil?" And then the male fairy (who I wasn't talking to) replied, "No, not evil. Mischievous." At that point, my friend and I left. I learned an important lesson as I was scrubbing glitter off of me, never trust a male fairy with horns.

So there you have it. There is the rest of the things I learned this summer! 

Yours Truly~ grrrl in green 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment