Thursday, September 2, 2010

Poem/update

Okay I haven't posted in a long time it seems like. There has literally been no time to write since school has started. I feel bad but at least I'm writing now, right? So I was look through old e-mail and I found a poem I wrote a couple months ago. I sent it to my cousin. As I stood reading it I couldn't help but think how good it is. I mean I'm really not trying to flatter myself too much but it is one of my better poems. See when I wrote it I was still mourning over a break up. It wasn't so much that I was sad we weren't together, I was just angry. He kept trying to be my friend but the reality was I didn't want to be his friend anymore. So after a big fight with him and then a cool down period I wrote this poem. So there is some back ground for you. I hope you enjoy this poem and please tell me what you think!

Neutral ground
Is where I am
I jumped off the bound
And I'm ok where I stand
No conclusion was formed
I put the cold war to an end
Because this topic is worn
And I had to bend
The wind was becoming violent
I was tired of the silence.
The mood didnt last long
But I now know how I feel
We where both in the wrong
And we kept spinning on the endless wheel
Spitting out our insulting cud
Forcing it, trying to mend
Trying to go back 
To the way it was
Looking at the puzzle we layer on the table
But some of the pieces are missing
And nothing fits
But its all good
I'm stable 
And I'm not talking
I'm listening
No more what should have,
Could have been said or done
It wont change
What has already begun.
I enjoy the distance
And would appreciate a lack of persistence,
From you
Because we need to deal 
With the way things are
And a step back 
Won't get us far

Tell me what you think!
~Yours Truly~grrrl in green

All rights to poem owned by B.T. (AKA grrrl in green)


No comments:

Post a Comment